The MLB Trade Rumors Podcast, last heard in 2016 hosted by the venerable Jeff Todd, has relaunched! Simon Hampton is now your host, and we’re excited to bring you new shows every week.
Episode 1 is now live Spotify, Apple Podcasts and wherever you get your podcast! Make sure you also sign up; Use this link to find the above program Spotify And this for Apple. You can also use music player below to listen.
This week, host Simon Hampton joins Anthony Franco on a variety of topics in the baseball world:
- An early look at the trading term possibilities, with a particular focus on Shohei Ohtani and what causes the Angels to listen to the offer on the two-dimensional star (3:19)
- Jake Cronenworth signed a seven-year, $80 million contract extension with the Padres, so what does that mean for San Diego’s chances of renewing other players like Juan Soto, Josh Hader And Blake Snell? (7:31)
- It’s easy to overreact to the results in the first week of the season, so at what point does it make sense to become concerned about a team’s performance? What about the players? (12:30)
In addition, we answer your questions, including:
- Marlins may match the Yankees in a transaction involving Oswald Peraza? And which Miami pitcher could compete on the deadline? (16:56)
- Will the Cardinals make a move to boost their rotation at some stage this season? And if so, which players can play? (21:24)
- The Dodgers took a step back this winter, so how aggressive will they be on the year-end deadline? And they’re clearing the pay space for a crack in Shohei Ohtani? (26:09)
The intro and ending song to the podcast “So Long” is provided with permission from the band Showoff. Check out their Facebook page This!