Honkai: Star Railway‘S Trailblazer is more than just a throwaway character. Like the Traveler in The Genshin effect, Trailblazer can resist many weaknesses thanks to its ability to control many factors. Each element also empowers them to play completely different roles depending on the group. Unfortunately, Trailblazer also has a unique way to unlock it Eidolon compared to other characters.
Eidolons are clones of characters that unlock additional abilities for each character you get. You get Eidolons for most Star Rail characters when you drag the banners. For example, if you already have Dan Heng but happen to get him from a banner, that clone will give you an item to unlock his first Eidolon (E1). You can unlock up to six Eidolons per character before Star Rail converts additional characters into other currency to spend in the in-game shop.
Trailblazers are different. You can’t get the Trailblazer from the banners, so their Eidolons come from a variety of sources such as shops. It’s even more complicated because Trailblazer has more than one Path (the game’s combat equivalent). Trailblazer currently has twelve Eidolons (six for each of the available Trails), but that number will increase in upcoming updates.
That being said, it will be harder to find these Eidolons pulling a banner. This is the place to find all of Trailblazer’s current Eidolons.
Shadows of Destruction unlocks Eidolons for the Physical Trailblazer, a Destruction character that uses the Physical element. This is the first version of Trailblazer that you encounter in the opening of the game. Destructive characters are known for their all-round abilities, from self-healing to the ability to flex between single and multi-target attacks.
Here’s where to find all the Shadows of Destruction:
- Opening Herta . Space Station
- Jarilo VI – Main Story Reward
- Trailblaze Reward Level 19
- Trailblaze Level 30 Reward
- Internal Purchasing Officer on the Space Station
- Underground shop on Jarilo VI
You get most of the Shadow of Destruction when you complete the story and upgrade your Trailblaze. The first two quests on this list come from completing two story missions. The other two come from reaching a certain Trailblaze Level which you need to do to continue the story. Finally, the last two come from the two shops marked on the first two “planets” in Honkai: Star Rail.
Here are all the capabilities of the Physical Trailblazer Eidolon:
- E1: Meteor – When an enemy is defeated by the Pioneer’s Ultimate, the Pioneer restores 10 more Mana. This effect can only be activated once per attack.
- E2: Server does not want – Attacking an enemy with a Physical Weakness restores the Pioneer’s HP equal to 5 percent of the Pioneer’s ATK.
- E3: Leading Whisper – Skill Lv. +2, max is Lv. 15 and Talent Lv. +2, max is Lv. 15.
- E4: A Look of Destruction -When attacking an enemy with Weakness Break, CRIT Rate increases by 25 percent.
- E5: Hope to survive – Last lvl +2, max Lv. 15 and base ATK Lv. +1, max Lv. ten.
- E6: Pioneering Will – Pioneers’ talents are also activated when they defeat enemies.
Shadow of the Preservation
Shadows of Preservation is for the Fire Trailblazer, another version of the protagonist that you get after reaching a certain point in the game. Honkai: Star Railway story. This Trailblazer plays a more defensive role than their Physics counterpart. Their abilities include reducing damage, shielding allies, and taunting enemies.
Here’s where to find all the Shadows of Preservation:
- Xianzhou Luofu – Main Story Reward
- 4x Jewel Temple on Xianzhou Luofu
At the time of this writing, only five of the six Shadows of Preservation are currently available. One is the reward for completing the Xianzhou Luofu storyline up to the “Antlers of Horns, Wrapped Horns” Quest. You can buy the rest from Jeweler’s Pagoda, a shop located in Luofu’s Starskiff Haven Center.
Strales, the currency on board the Xianzhou Luofu, comes from exploring the planet-like ship and completing quests in the area. You need at least 1000 Strales to get all four Eidolons from Jeweler’s Pagoda.
Here are all the abilities of the Fire Trailblazer Eidolon:
- E1: Earth-shaking echo – When a Pioneer uses their Base ATK, deals additional Fire Damage equal to 25 percent of the Pioneer’s Defense. When a Pioneer uses their enhanced Base ATK, they deal extra Fire Damage equal to 50 percent of the Pioneer’s Defense.
- E2: Durability regardless of time – The shield applied to all allies from the Pioneer’s Talent will block Additional Damage equal to 2 percent of the Pioneer’s Defense plus 27.
- E3: Paving blueprint – Skill Lv. +2, max is Lv. 15 and Talent Lv. +2, max is Lv. 15.
- E4: Vow to Build Water – Instantly gain 4 Magma Will stacks at the start of battle.
- E5: The fire that warms the spirit – Last lvl +2, max Lv. 15 and base ATK Lv. +1, max Lv. ten.
- E6: Forged City Walls – After using Advanced Base ATK or Ultimate, Trailblazer’s DEF increases by 10 percent. Accumulate up to 3 times.
The Xianzhou Luofu storyline isn’t over yet, so Shadow of Preservation could finally be a reward for completing quests related to it in future updates.
The products discussed here are independently selected by our editors. GameSpot may receive a share of the revenue if you purchase anything featured on our site.